Translate

Chitika 1

Chitika 2

AddToAny Share Plugin

Infolinks

Sunday 28 June 2015

I sometimes wish I am slim, being plus size has made getting a movie roles an issue - Adaora Ukoh




Nollywood actress and star of hit TV series - Lekki Wives, Adaora Ukoh in a new interview revealed that landing movie roles have become difficult due to her size. She said the industry is saturated with all kinds of people - those who have talent and who don't, thereby making it difficult for producers to cast people plus size actors.

"The industry is a bit too crowded now I must confess. Acting has become an all comers affair and every Dick, Tom and Harry wants a shot. And it is not easy to sieve out those who have talent and those who don’t. Sometimes, that I am plus size becomes an issue for producers so all these come up as chal­lenges.

Asked if she sometimes wishes to be slim...

Yes I do. Sometimes I fantasize that I am getting slimmer but with the way I am built I know I could never become slim. But the biggest problem I have with my weight is that sometimes, I get angry and get into the entire weight loss thing. I stop eating and do a lot of exer­cise but the truth is when you stop, you tend to grow even bigger (laughs). Continue...

On her advice to ladies who are plus size and are not confident...

Just be confi­dent. That is the advice because even when I started the plus size clothesline, trying to sell to plus size women was challenging. I got a lot of nega­tive comments that I was pro­moting obesity. All I try to preach is for everyone to be comfort­able in their own skin. I know fat is en­tirely not healthy but as long as you can cut down on in­take, you should also dress to look good and feel confident about yourself.


On the sex advice she got from her mother while growing up...

You know, those days our parents didn’t teach us anything concerning sex education except to say ‘stay away from men because if they touch you, you could get pregnant.’ I don’t think I really got much but I had this scary feeling about my dad catching me with a man and all that.

On how she manages male fans...

Well, a woman has to do what a woman has got to do. There is always that ability to draw the line. I know it comes with the job but even beyond the job, men will always chase women and vice versa (laughs).

Asked if men still come after her now that she's married...

(Laughs) No, I am not married now, or rather, I am not officially married. I am going to be officially married when I walk down the aisle.

Asked why she's been telling the media that she's married...

I am engaged right now. I have never been officially married.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2015. OIT BLOG - All Rights Reserved
Proudly Designed By Obhiaba Blog